The United States has lost its way as a global power. Look what has happened to our economy, education, health, attitude, and environment in just the last 25 years.
Some examples in 2013 include:
- Half of the top 10 U.S. banks are foreign-owned or headed towards bankruptcy
- 50% of Americans are overweight or on meds, 25% are obese or have diabetes
- One-third of Americans are on food stamps; 16% under the poverty line
- Teenage pregnancy is up, while life expectancy is down
- Air, water, and soil are polluted, yet new legislation will begin more aggressive energy development, threatening more loss of trees, wildlife and waterways
The U.S.A. has risen to challenges before. Unfortunately, repair cost more than prevention, and the infighting and special interests have stalemated and bankrupted our great nation.
What is needed now is a movement to more responsible living. We need to change to the way we eat, how we educate our children, and how we take care of our bodies, animals, and the environment. It all boils down to a higher priority on the future, and a realization that we cannot use all of the resources of this planet and still live here.
USA: The Turnaround